Friday, February 26, 2010

OAMC- Giving it a Try...

Well, I'm going to do it. I've been thinking about it for months, and I'm finally going to take the plunge and try OAMC (Once A Month Cooking). I do freeze several meals a month when I double certain recipes, but haven't ever dedicated a day or two to preparing them. I'll only be participating on Monday though, since I have doctors appointments the three days after that. (optomistic about my hearing!!)
I received my flyers for our supermarkets sales starting today, so I'll stock up on several inexpensive items, and our local market where we get our organic beef and all-natural, free-range chicken has ground beef on sale and chicken breasts at a discounted price when you make a $50 order. I don't have a $50 order for there, so I'll go in with my mother and sister to bring the total up to $50, and we'll all benefit! Combining orders when making purchases for freezer cooking or bulk purchases really works well...everyone comes out with a little more in their pockets...usually!!
The following looks quite vigorous, and I may not get to all of it! But having the past two days housebound with help (husband home!!) I have gotten a lot done around the house, and am therefore able to prepare for my cooking endeavor! We will see what I really get done!

Here's what's on my menu for Cooking Day:

Ground Beef:
Beef Porcupine Balls
Cheeseburger Pop-Ems or Bacon Cheeseburger Buns
Pizza-Pasta Casserole
Cheeseburger Pasta (Skillet Meal in a Bag)
Beef, Rice, and gravy

Pasta:
Creamy Tomato Pasta (Skillet Meal in a Bag)
Stuffed Shells (will post recipe soon)
Ziti
Rigatoni, Sweet Italian Sausage, Peppers, Sauce (Skillet Meal in a Bag)

Chicken:
Chicken Marsala
Maple Glazed Chicken
Chicken and Wild Rice Cakes
Chicken-Potato Cakes
Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken, Rice, and gravy


LunchBox Lunches:
PB Jammerz (GREAT for school...and can be made with our HFCS-free bread, and organic ingredients!!)
Low Fat Tomato Chili (I have left over skirt steak I will use)

Sides:
Corn Flake Potato Casserole


Some great resources when Freezer Cooking:
Mom'sBudget / Recipes
30 Meals in 1 Day

Linked to: Money Saving Mom and Life As Mom Freezer Cooking Days

No comments:

Post a Comment