Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Lunch Bunch

Today's topic over at FishMama's Ultimate Recipe Swap is lunch. I must admit, I'm not too into lunch. I pick. I'm embarassed to say I enjoy several cups of coffee throughout the morning and by the time lunch rolls around I'm knee-deep in either cleaning, picking up from preschool, doing puzzles or playing games, or fixing lunch for others. I know, I know...same 'ol line. Mom's last on the pecking order. Well, that's just the way it is for me. But when I do pick, it's mostly leftovers (Which my husband loves, BTW! He's the envy of the teacher's room at lunchtime!) My picky eater that's home all day, my 4 year old, (he's not quite there yet to appreciate Mama's good home cookin' just yet!) prefers homemade "cracker stackers": crackers and cheese and fruit, or grilled cheese. But I often have the following for lunches:
Even though I'm not a huge lunch fan at home, I just LOVE lunch on the road. Deli sandwiches, or wraps, like this one, wrapped in butcher's paper. Everything tastes better on the road wrapped in butcher's paper!! (Okay, yes, that's strange!)
And during the summer since everyone is home and there's usually no set schedule to adhere to (except for when to swim...) I always set a good example and sit down to lunch. (I always seem to eat more in the summer...why is that??) Here are a few of my favorites:

No comments:

Post a Comment