Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Chicken-Potato Pancakes

I'm having an all-askew, fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants sort of week, and never got around to making a meal plan. My daughter has been home from school since last Friday, with allergies, turned low-grade fever, into a full blown sinus infection, and "junior" of course soon followed. My high maintenance children became even more so, if that's possible!!
However, I managed to try an "all new" recipe tonight, which was absolutely delicious!!



Chicken-Potato Pancakes
(a new spin on my Chicken & Wildrice ones)

Ingredients:
2C. complete pancake mix (all in one)
1C. shredded hashbrowns; thawed
2C. milk
1T. onion powder
2T. melted butter
1C. shredded cheddar
2C. cooked cubed chicken

Directions:
Combine pancake mix and milk and mix until incorporated. Add in all other ingredients and mix well. In an oiled/buttered skillet, drop a dollop (I use a 1/4C. meas. cup) onto griddle and griddle until bubbles and crisp on edges, then flip and continue.
Serve with cream gravy if desired.

Cream gravy

Ingredients:
1packet chicken gravy
1/4C. half and half
1/4C. white wine

Directions:
Cook gravy according to pkg. and add in half and half and wine and continue boiling until thickened.

Serve "pancakes" with gravy and edamame, green beans, or broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment