Wednesday, March 3, 2010

OAMC- WMT???


OAMC- WMT?? (Once a Month Cooking...What are My Thoughts?)

Well, it's definitely a lot of work, and a lot of planning. I didn't get to everything on my "tall-order" menu, but I did get to some.

I think the key is to not have anything else planned for that day or two. Doctors visits, mattress deliveries, school drop off and pick up runs...Girl Scout cookie deliveries...State playoff games...they all hamper the cooking/preparation process. Having help is key... at least I think it would've been key for me...but I didn't have any!

It was fun. Would I do it again? Probably...just on a smaller scale. I may just double each recipe I make daily from now on and toss the extra meal in the freezer.

I'm definitely more motivated now to have a Freezer Swap party again. (think cookie exchange, but meals instead of cookies) with a few friends. We used to do that around October before the hustle-and-bustle of the holidays, and it was great fun.

Stay tuned on more about that...


It's been real, y'all! Enjoy your meals!!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I think I'm going to try to make one meal to freeze and one to eat. Maybe in a different season of life I can do OAMC. I love your blog because we seem to have similar taste in food!

    ReplyDelete