Sunday, August 16, 2009

Supper Time: August 16th-22nd

Fail to plan...plan to fail, as my husband always says. Not having a plan at all wasn't really working for me, so I need to have some type of direction. I really could've used a menu plan for these past two weeks we've had. And with the weeks ahead of football triples and cheerleading practice, I need to prepare prior to 5pm each day! So I've hopped on the menu planning wagon again...let's hope I don't fall off!!

Sunday: BBQ
cheeseburgers and hotdogs on homemade buns
Fruit
chips

Monday: Sandwich bar at the pool
turkey, ham, cheese, peanut butter and jelly, and all the fixins for sandwiches
fresh bakery rolls
veggie sticks
chips

Tuesday: Chicken alfredo
salad
Italian bread

Wednesday: Meatloaf *recipe below
mashed potatoes
peas
homemade rolls

Thursday: ziti
salad
leftover Italian bread or rolls

Friday: leftovers

Saturday: Daddy's Red and White game (football)
Team BBQ

Meatloaf

Ingredients:
1lb. lean ground beef
1pkg vegetable soup mix
1 egg
1/2C. bread crumbs
1/2C. milk
1/2C. tomato sauce

Directions:
Combine first 5 ingredients. In foil lined loaf pan, shape beef mixture into loaf. Bake at 350° for 40mins. Pour tomato sauce over top and bake another 20mins.

(At times I also throw in baby carrots and peeled, quartered potatoes alongside the meatloaf in a larger dish... this too is also delicious, and you have your sides already prepared!!)

Post linked to: Menu Plan Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment