Sunday, July 5, 2009

Supper Time: July 5th-11th. Last MPM...

We are absolutely exhausted after our wedding marathon weekend. Feasting on Chilean Sea Bass, Chicken Francaise, Chateaubriand, and Beef Wellington really takes a toll on your stomach...not to mention your waist line! It'll be nice to get back to eating normal, blander family meals.

And with the start of the month come changes with "Supper Time". I'll no longer be planning specific meals for specific days, and I won't be participating in Meal Planning Monday's anymore. To be quite honest, some nights I am the only one in the family who eats the meal I make. Most nights I prepare three meals. One planned meal that I'll eat, and most of the time my husband(often a new recipe I'd like to try or something I thought we liked), another for my daughter and another for my son (who for the past year feasts on mac & cheese...from the box...waffles, yogurts, grilled cheese, or Chinese chicken...yes...has to be from the chinese food restaurant!!). Mealtime has become a burden, a specific time of the day that causes me such frustration...which is sad because I love to cook so much! I end up wasting so much food, something I absolutely despise! FYI...for those of you who are saying to yourself "girlfriend, serve the kids only what you eat and if they don't like it, they don't eat"! I have been there, done that, and my son will go forever without eating anything! Believe me, I've tried it. He is that stubborn! I have tried it all. As for my six year old...she's a great eater. Lover of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, but not a big meat eater...beef or chicken. It's dependent on how it's prepared. Her favorite dish...whole grain penne with a touch of butter and sprinkled cheese and broccoli. Not bad, I guess. I just can't eat it every night.
So, from now on I will be doing my best to prepare meals that the majority of the family is in favor of to cut down on my stress level during dinner. It feels like a huge weight is off my shoulders. And as our pediatrician puts it...they don't appreciate my cooking skills...yet. So until they do, I will K.I.S.S. (keep it simple sistah!!)!
Thanks to all of the regular commenter's...I will still be visiting MPM for recipes, of course, and posting any new recipes I come across that is worth sharing...or something that even the pickiest of eaters (aka: my children) will eat!

Meals on the menu for this week:
buttered penne with broccoli, sprinkled cheese
homemade pizza
Chinese food takeout
pasta with grilled chicken
Church Picnic (potluck)...bringing Corn Casserole and Hashbrown Casserole (b/c it's my fave!!)

Until next time...best dishes!!
Visit MPM for more menu planning ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment