Sunday, August 23, 2009

Quick Breadsticks

Last week, while preparing dinner, I found myself wanting some type of bread to go with it. I didn't have enough time to bake butter rolls, or even my one hour loaf in the bread machine. Quick thinking...what did I have, besides sandwich bread, to make into a quick accessory to our meal? No crescents, no biscuits, and it was pouring (what else is new??!!), so I wasn't about to take the children and run out to the store for bread!!
Ah hah!! I had pizza crust shells! The crust bakes up so wonderfully tender inside and has a little crisp on the outside, why not make it into breadsticks like they do at Pizza Hut??!!
What a hit...quick, and easy-peasy!! I'll definitely make these again!!

Ingredients:
Frozen pizza crust/shell, or you can use any pizza dough of your choice.
Parmesan cheese (I used both shredded and grated)
Salt (to liking...you can omit)
Oil
Butter

Directions:

Oil your pizza pan or stone.

Roll out your dough and brush melted butter over top, making sure to cover.


Lightly sprinkle Parmesan cheeses and salt (to taste/liking) over top.


Bake at 375° for about 10-12mins, or until slightly brown.
Cut lengthwise in thin strips, then horizontally the same way (until desired size/amount).


Makes about 2 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment