Sunday, August 23, 2009

Meatballs

I love moist meatballs, the kind that taste as if they've been simmering all day. Here's a recipe where the meatballs are that good!
Ingredients:
1lb. ground beef
old (not moldy) bread slices or crusts, white or wheat, processed into breadcrumbs
1/2C. parmesan cheese
oil

Directions:
Process bread in food processor into breadcrumbs. (My son doesn't like crusts on his bread/sandwiches, so I cut them off and place them in a bag in the fridge and save them for breadcrumbs! We also save the ends of the loaves, which no one likes to eat. And both wheat and white are great...adds great flavor!)



Add breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese to the ground beef and mix well (hands are best). Make sure it is well incorporated.



Since I use lean organic, grass fed beef, there isn't too much fat. I don't want them to dry out while browning, so I brown them in a little canola oil and keep turning for all-over browning.


Once browned on all sides, transfer to your sauce and simmer about 1 hour.



Linked to: Tempt My Tummy Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment