Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Chicken and Wild Rice Pancakes (Freezer Meal)

Lindsey is hosting a Nutritious Freezer Meal Carnival today. Check it out for some great healthy meals to heat and eat!!

Here's my contribution:

Chicken & Wild Rice Pancakes:
1 pkg. long grain & wild rice (I buy the Uncle Ben's microwaveable pouch...you can usually get these for free or close to free w/coupon)
2C. chicken (boiled and cubed)
1/2C. bisquick mix (I buy the Heart Smart mix)
3 eggs


Cook rice according to pkg. then cool. Combine rice, chicken, and remaining ingredients. Drop a lg. spoonful of mixture onto a hot, non-stick skillet coated w/ cooking spray. Cook 3-4mins. on each side or until lightlty browned. Serve with applesauce or sour cream for dipping.

Store in containers in refrigerator or wrap and freeze in ziplocs. Defrost in fridge and reheat on cookie sheet in oven until warmed through and crispy or in microwave until warmed through.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been much of a cook and I dislike doing it, but I need to feed my family better and more frugally so this sounds like the perfect place to start. This is very encouraging! Thanks so much for sharing!
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been much of a cook and I dislike doing it, but I need to feed my family better and more frugally so this sounds like the perfect place to start. This is very encouraging! Thanks so much for sharing!
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete