Friday, February 6, 2009

Finer Things Friday...

In celebration of "Finer Things Friday" over at Amy's blog, I'm sharing my contribution:

My son, as we speak, is napping!! He fell asleep in the car after dropping off my daughter at kindergarten...so I just pulled in the garage, put a wooly blanket on him (he's also in his snowsuit) and let him sleep!! This never happens...he gave up napping over a year ago, and I cannot tell you how fine it is to have this quiet time right now (granted I'm sitting on the floor in the hallway by the door of the garage so I can hear him) but I'm reading a magazine...during the day...no one is running around... it's so quiet I can hear the clock ticking! (okay...I could be doing other things than reading a magazine, but hey...this doesn't happen often!) After two weeks of sickness, stomach viruses, sinus infections, and croup, I am relishing in this right now! Ahhh... this has become just a Fine Friday!!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm laughing at the picture of you in the hallway reading your magazine. Our garage is detached, so I would have a problem in that situation... ;-)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

    I can tell you this: the midget will have a "rest" time when she gives up her naps. I will require it. I'm having a hard time thinking about her giving up one of her two daily naps, which is going to happen in the next few months. I can't even imagine not having a few minutes to myself. Nope, not.going.to.happen!!!!

    Stop back by anytime. There's enough fiber (b.s.) on my blog to keep you regular. HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a finer thing! Like Amy, I have a detached garage, but when my kids were littler I would on occasion pull the car up next to the house (in the country here, we don't hesitate to drive on yards ;)) I would stay in my kitchen by the glass door and just let 'em sleep!

    ReplyDelete