Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Most Favorite Recipes...Ever!

Fishmama is putting a shout out for your "Most Favorite Recipe" for her Ultimate Recipe Swap. Well, looking back on my short life thus far (well, not that short, early thirty-something years, but short sounds better) I'm trying to remember my most favorite foods. And, sorry Mom, but I don't think I have any recollection of a favorite before college. (Besides Shepherds Pie...which is really yummy, Mom, but not a fave...)

My first entree, or meal, or this is actually qualified as a side dish, but believe me, I've had it many a times as a meal, is HashBrown Casserole. Originated in my most favorite family restaurant (Cracker Barrel), and perfected, or tweaked as a bit healthier and more organic or all natural, by yours truly.
Ingredients:
4 C. shredded potatoes (I use organic)
1/4 C. melted butter
1/2 of prepared cream soup...I make my own (recipe here) with 1 T.chicken seasoning and 3-4T. chicken stock added...I make my own stock, too. ( I used half of the prepared "soup"...saving the other half to use in another recipe)
1/2 pint sour cream
1T. onion powder
2 C. shredded cheddar

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray an 11x14 baking dish with cooking spray
2. Mix the above ingredients together, spread in prepared pan and bake for 45mins. or until golden brown on top.

And I cannot in a clear conscience pick just one favorite. I do have another dish, well, actually a salad, that my tastbuds just crave every time I think about it...like they are right now...
KB's Oriental Chicken Salad. Now that I've mentioned it...it's going to have to accompany me to the football coaches annual family picnic this weekend. AAaahhhhh...To die for!! (Oh, and did I mention it's a salad...so basically it's guilt free!!)

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of chicken seasoning in this recipe. THANKS!!! Geri

    ReplyDelete