Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Spaghetti w/ Meat Sauce- how to stretch your $$$ further


I've already changed our menu up for this week (and it's only Tuesday!) but that is the beauty of meal planning...you have a plan, but when you serve the meals can be interchangeable...it all works out by the end of the week!
So, tonight I made spaghetti with meat sauce. It was absolutely delicious! (I don't know if it was just because we were so hungry or it was really that good!) But I must say one thing...it was frugal!!
I had gotten the linguine Smart pasta free with a coupon. Then I made sauce with a RedPack 8oz. can of sauce (that I got for .25cents), and added in one cup of water and a beef bouillon cube. I then added in 1lb. of cooked ground beef (from my $1.47 freezer stockpile), and 1T. grated parm. cheese. We had so much sauce...and another meal for leftovers!
Total cost: $1.72 (because our pasta was free...but match coupons to a great deal and yours too can work out to be the same!) So, be creative at how to stretch your ingredients, such as soups, meats, and sauces. A little can go a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment