Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity-Dog!!

The organic hotdog:


The best thing since, well, sliced bread in my opinion! My kids are not beef eaters. My daughter will have a cheeseburger every now and then, but my son, he won't touch red meat. Which brings us to the organic, nitrate free, uncured, gluten and casein free, 100% pure beef hotdog. No fillers, no artificial anything. Our favorite is from Applegate Farms (Uncured Organic Beef version) They have many options...turkey, Stadium dogs, etc.



Ingredients: Beef, Water, Sodium Lactate (from Beets), Sea Salt, Evaporated Cane Juice, Spices, Celery Juice, Paprika, Lactic Acid Starter Culture from vegetable sources (Not from Dairy).


Need I say more? This is a way I can sneak in some beef into his diet, since he loves hot dogs so much! (what kid doesn't)??!! And Moms, this is our way to escape the guilt of giving them one. These are a staple in our house and the only "dog" we eat (except half way through the summer my husband is craving a Sabretts, so we'll have one BBQ with Sabretts for the adults, but the kids...they get the organic dogs!!) Pair it with some whole grain cheese snacks, organic carrot sticks and an organic fruit cup, and you have a quick, healthy meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment