Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!


Since reading this article here at Fishmama's site, I realized for the past 10 years we were doing it all wrong! We were having Chinese food- chicken!! One of the no-no's on the new years nibbles list!! I won't make that mistake again! So, to set us straight, this year I opted for the traditional New Years meal...Virginia ham with brown sugar honey glaze, scalloped potatoes (Betty Crocker I got for 20cents thanks to couponing!), green beans, and a wonderful recipe for Kings Hawaiian-like bread, thanks to Monica's recipe here. I was able to make the dough with my breadmaker first, then followed the directions and transferring the dough into a baking dish (although I was pressed for time, so I preheated the oven to 200deg. and let it rise for about 15-20mins until doubled in size) then baked at 375 for about 25mins. Dee-licious!
What about you? Any traditions, old or new?

2 comments:

  1. Hey CountryMama, looks like a yummy meal!

    (FYI - if you type www. before the name of the blog, like www.thehomespunheart.blogspot.com, then what you type will become a clickable link. Same goes for the www.lifeasmom.com that you have in your top line. You can also use the link function in blogger. Just highlight the word that you want to make into a link, click the link button and a window will pop up for you to type in the url. Hope that helps!)

    Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful menu plan... I love a good glazed ham. :)

    (BTW, you're on blogger like me and there should be an icon above where you type your posts- it looks like a green ball right next to the text color icon- that you use for links. A box will pop up and you can insert the site you're linking to there... took me a little while to find that one... :))

    ReplyDelete