Thursday, January 8, 2009

K.B.'s BEST Oriental Chicken Salad

Check out LifeAsMom's Healthy Recipe Swap today...here's my contribution!! What a great way to start off the new year!!

A good girlfriend of mine (K.B.) threw me a little baby shower when I was pregnant with my son. She made some delicious foods and a "to-die-for" oriental chicken salad, which has now become my, and many of my friends, favorite salad of all time!!

Oriental Chicken Salad:

Dressing:

2t. salt
4T. sugar
1/2 C. canola oil
2t. sesame oil
3T. lemon juice
3T. rice vinegar

Other ingredients:

1/2 pkg. wonton wrappers sliced in three to four strips to each wrapper, fry in oil until brown and crispy (a semi-homemade tip: I run to the nearest Chinese restaurant and buy two pkgs. of their crispy noodles instead!!)

2T. sesame seeds (toasted) or you can toast them yourself in nonstick pan until brown

2 lg. boneless chicken breasts, poached (boiled) and shredded

romaine lettuce or bag of romaine

Directions:
Combine all ingredients for dressing and mix well. I put all into a mason jar, seal tightly and shake.
Combine all ingredients for salad in bowl then pour on dressing and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.

Note: This salad does not keep well (such as for leftovers) because of the vinegar...not that there will be any leftovers because it's that good!!

4 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very tasty! I love a good Oriental salad and I love the idea that there's a fair bit of protein in this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! what a GREAT!!! sounding recipe. I really must try this one soon. THANKS!!! for sharing. Geri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely bookmarking this one. Sounds delic.

    ReplyDelete