Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thriving as a Family

In our home we strive to make the following our motto. It Works for Us! We always knew it made our family thrive, but Focus On the Family (love this website!!) just made it their focus in their daily email, striving to help others grow as a family. Guess we were already doing something right!!


A Thriving Family Makes Time to ...


1.
Eat Together
2.
Play Together
3.
Attend Church & Pray Together
4.
Invest in Your Kids
5.
Know Where Your Kids Are & Know Their Friends


(Might I just say how embarassing this last one was growing up (#5)...my mother always went to the door when dropping me off at someones home to speak to the parents and to make sure they were home, or called them on the phone before I was allowed to go (even, and especially, when I was in High School). It's just the way it was...I wasn't going to ever get her to stop. Well my friends, I am now my mother. I do the same thing...and my sister with her teens and pre-teens. It works!! Lord help my children when they are teens!!)


Celebrate your family!!

3 comments:

  1. great tips....I also love the focus on the family website/emails! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!!! I need to print it out, frame it, and hang it somewhere! :) Thanks for sharing such an important aspect of Family!

    Ann Marie @ Household6Diva
    (stoppin by from WFMW)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I call parents all the time, I think my kids like that they can blame things on their crazy overprotective mom as in "I can't go to the party where there will be drinking and no parents - you know my mom she is crazy!" LOL

    ReplyDelete