Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Gratituesday

Today was my youngest child's first day of preschool. Yes... such a big day. His big sister started first grade about two weeks ago, but today was his turn. He attends a little Christian, age- appropriate preschool two mornings a week in their three year old program, where, believe it or not, I attended thirty years ago. And yes, most of the same teachers are still there! The original teacher just retired in June, after 32 years of service. I am so grateful for the wonderful ladies that teach there. (So this morning we made them apple spice cakes with maple glaze... an apple for the teacher. Or an apple cake, at least! Picture with beloved Spidey backpack to the left...)

My husband texted me as I was dropping off our oldest, saying today was going to be a tough day for me (no tears from my little guy, but his Mama was so sad!!), but we are grateful for their love of school, interest in learning new things, and their smart little minds. He is so right!

Each year before the start of a new school year we pray for the safety, security, peace, hope, and growth of our little students, or "school boy" and "school girl" as we call our children, with this prayer...

"Dear Lord Jesus take my hand
I'm going to a foreign land.
One not ruled by king or preacher,
but someone by the name of teacher.

My mommy says that I'll have fun;
I'll sing and skip and play and run.
But I am scared 'cause I don't know
just what to do or where to go.

So please Lord Jesus hug me tight
and keep me in Your loving sight.
For with you by my side today,
I know that I will be okay."

Linked to: Gratituesday

1 comment:

  1. I agree teachers are very special people often finding their selves playing the role of protector as well as teacher

    ReplyDelete