Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Day!


I come from a family of teachers...my father was a teacher/coach then athletic director, my sister is a special education teacher, my husband is a special education teacher and coach, and I am an elementary teacher (well...at least I was in my pre-children life...but I'm still a certified teacher!!) Therefore my daughters kindergarten teachers are dear to my heart. (Remember...it takes a village to raise a child!) For Teacher Appreciation Day we made each teacher and aide a jar of Southern Friendship Tea. They can enjoy it hot or make a cold pitcher of it for the summer.
And so this Gratituesday I'm showing my gratitude for all those teachers out there. Because an education is the most powerful tool in life!!

Number One Teacher
(Name of teacher),
I'm happy that you're my teacher;
I enjoy each lesson you teach.
As my role model you inspire me
To dream and to work and to reach.
With your kindness you get my attention;
Every day you are planting a seed
Of curiosity and motivation
To know and to grow and succeed.
You help me fulfill my potential;
I'm thankful for all that you've done.
I admire you each day, and I just want to say,
As a teacher, you're number one!
Joanna Fuchs
For more Gratituesday visit HeavenlyHomemakers

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Shannon. I still say we are twins separated at birth. Teachers, married to teachers, daughters in kdg, etc. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete