Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Day Tea



My daughter's kindergarten class is holding a Mother's Day Tea today. I've heard from a little "birdie" that they were busily cleaning their classroom and making all kinds of goodies (lemon and blueberry muffins) as well as lemonade and tea for their guests. (I keep hearing, "Mother's are first, then if there's any left then we get to have a muffin!") They will also present stories, poetry, and some songs. I've heard from past kindergarten mothers that the classroom is stocked with tissue boxes... we'll need them! Other words of wisdom that have come home are "My teacher says that every day is kids day...we take time to celebrate our Mother's once a year!" Oh, those teachers are so smart!!

A Mother's Day Tea with my kindergartener...a Fine Thing that I'm really looking forward to!!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! Too cute that they were making muffins for their moms. ;-) And, yes... it sounds like your daughter has some smart teachers!

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete