Monday, March 16, 2009

Gratituesday...St. Patrick's Day Edition

There are so many Irish blessings...I could probably post a different one each day for many years to come. I am grateful for my heritage and the ability to share with my children the blessings passed down through our family for generations. My grandparents knew these by heart, and I can still see my 6 foot 6 inch Irish grandfather in his green shirt and St. Patricks Day tie singing "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling" and "Danny Boy", then reciting these blessings for us children. For this St. Patrick's Gratituesday I wanted to share with you some Irish Blessings that are dear to my family, but are universal.

An Old Irish Blessing
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.


Another Old Irish Blessing
May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

And one I still say with my children daily:
A Morning Blessing
Christ be with me,
be after me,
be before me,
and be at my right and left hand.
May everything I do be for Christ.

For more Gratituesday gratefulness go here ...

1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful! What a wonderful family legacy to be able to share with your children!

    ReplyDelete