Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"P" is for Purple Popcorn


I have a kindergartener. She has been busily working on perfecting her printing skills. I noticed, as a former teacher myself, she was having difficulty with a few such letters... discriminating between upper and lowercase letters to be exact. And the letter "p" is one of those pesky letters. So...I went perusing through all of my "teacher" files from my days in second grade and got out my alphabet sheets. I've started supplementing with some more practice at home (notice the use of "p" words??!!) Tonight, to help with some writing skills, we made purple popcorn to write a few sentences about (recipe here). The popcorn was delicious and inspired some great "p" letter word writing! Give it a try...make learning fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment